Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Gallery - Chilled Out

So the theme for The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers Blog this week is Chilled Out.

Funny really, as I don't feel at all relaxed or chilled out at the moment what with builders here already and the plumber and electrician due to start next week.  That will be next week when Mr Pink has conveniently disappeared on another of his regular trips to China.  Next week when the bathroom suite is due to be delivered along with six double-glazed window units.  Next week when the playroom ceiling needs to come down to accommodate the new bathroom floor.  Next week when I have sole charge of Little Pink, three dogs and the rest of the menagerie!  Stressed?  Me?  You betcha!!!

So I am choosing a photograph from another time when I was particularly stressed!  A photo of Little Pink not long after she was born, when I was worried whether she was too hot, too cold, hungry, not hungry, dry, not dry, happy, sad, comfortable, was I being a good mother.........you know how it goes.


To me, this is the epitome of chilled out.  An innocent sleeping child, without a care in the world.

Now, where's the Valium?


PS: It's not letting me put the nice picture link back to Sticky Fingers, so follow the link above to see all the other Gallery entries for this week.

5 comments:

  1. I love the way babies fling their arms back like that!
    Sympathise with builder stress. We're having new kitchen fitted. I can hear them hammering away as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lovely...I remember that too..arms over the head. So peaceful.

    Having drainage works down here. Drilling and compactors a go-go. STRESS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's not just me with builders stress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute i like those babies who sleep in this way

    ReplyDelete